Here are some basic requirements for an applicant to be enrolled in CCMAP:
- All applicants must reside in Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke or Sampson counties.
- The applicant should be on a stabilized dose of medications for a chronic disease (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, allergies, depression).
- The applicant cannot have insurance coverage for outpatient prescription drugs.
- The applicant can not qualify for a government or third-party program (such as Medicaid or Medicare Part D) that provides for prescription medications.
- The applicant's income is at a level that causes hardship for the patient to purchase medications at retail pharmacies.
- To be accepted into a drug manufacturer’s patient assistance program, the applicant's income must fall within the limits established by the drug manufacturer. The household income limit requirement varies with each manufacturer.
- Decisions concerning which medications are provided free-of-charge and which individuals are accepted into the programs are made using the total household income. Generally, participants' household income cannot exceed 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- All patients must complete an application and appear in person for an interview prior to enrollment in CCMAP.